Sunday 19 May 2013

SRKF Vision


I am proud of the organization that Silent River Kung Fu has become. We have come a long way over the past 26 years but unless my vision is fully understood by my students, our continued progression down this path is not sustainable after I step down. I need to have a succession plan in place so that SRKF will outlive me and continue to be not just a school, but an ideal.

Right now I have a lot of support for my vision because the majority of my black belts believe in it. I am grateful for how their trust and loyalty has allowed SRKF to progress and evolve into the progressive centre of excellence it is known for, but belief is not enough. Understanding is necessary if the vision is expected to remain viable over the long term. My goal over the next few months is to better define my vision for SRKF so that the future leaders of this organization not only believe in it but understand it passionately enough to ensure we never stray from our core ideals.


“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: