Sunday 21 November 2010

Gratitude

As the year is winding down I have been reflecting upon the past 11 months and giving thanks for the blessings that have been bestowed upon me this year. I recognize that my pursuit of mastery has led to a lot of personal growth and has kept me on the path to a life of consequence.

As I get older, and hopefully wiser, the value I place upon personal relationships grows. I have come to recognize that the quality of my life is directly proportional to the quality of the people I am surrounded with. I am definitely blessed to have so many people of quality who I trust in my life.

No matter what is going on in your life, stress is always more manageable if you have people you trust to turn to. Trust. There is a lot to be said about trust. It takes a lot to earn but next to nothing to lose.

I have learned to keep the value of trust in front of me and my goal for the next year is to ensure my actions and words bring value to those around me and never betray the trust I hope to earn.

“We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy” - Walter Anderson (1903 - 1965)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Trust is indeed a valuable commodity. I do not believe anyone really understands its importance until it is too late.

Nietzsche once said: “I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."