Sunday 3 May 2009

I Am Project - Meditative

It is easy for me to lose sight of what is important when I become too overwhelmed with my schedule. I have been very lucky to have the UBBT to keep me grounded and engaged in my training. So much so that I have already enrolled in the Live Like a Champion Project for 2010.

I am just finishing the best week I have had for a long time. I have not accomplished anything spectacular, nor has anything overly interesting come my way. The week has been all about the important things that happen when I am meditative and appreciative of the here and now. Simple things like the beauty of the moon as seen through an open window, flying a kite in a clear blue sky, sharing a moment of clarity and innocence with a child, laughing at the funniest training mishap story I have ever heard, experiencing the serenity of my fish pond, listening to Handel’s Passacaglia, or just absorbing myself with the one I am with.

When I am meditative all is well.
“Meditation is the tongue of our soul and the language of our spirit.”
- Jeremy Taylor (1613 - 1667)

No comments: