Monday 11 October 2021

Thanksgiving

As gratitude becomes more entrenched within my daily life, Thanksgiving Day itself subsequently becomes less poignant for me. In fact, every moment of every day is a moment of thanksgiving.

Making gratitude a part of my daily meditation practice has brought a lot of positivity and happiness into my life. Every day is a positive mindful experience helping me improve myself and eliminate stress. Whether it is improving and repairing relationships that are important to me or eliminating relationships that are toxic for me, each day I spend in mindfulness improves my situation and my outlook.

Today is the first Thanksgiving that I have experienced in a world of which my dad is no longer a part. I am grateful that despite my fears, my greatest memories of my father are of how he lived and not of his final years and how he died.

Family, friends, conflicts, mistakes, successes, and failures all have conspired together to bring me to where I am right here and right now. This present moment is filled with gratitude. Thanksgiving.
 
“Because you are alive, everything is possible.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

No comments: