Tuesday 18 May 2021

Acts of Discipline


One of my students introduced a “No Added Sugar Challenge” for the month of April so I spent the entire month avoiding eating anything with added sugar. I did not go out of my way to analyze the ingredients of everything I consumed, but I stayed aware of my commitment and was true to the spirit of the challenge.

I like taking on acts of discipline challenges throughout the year to keep me focused on mastery. The no added sugar challenge did not disappoint me. I found my focus on staying engaged in the challenge permeated into other areas of my life. April turned out to be a banner month of accomplishments for me.

No matter the magnitude, an act of discipline is never wasted.

“In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves... self-discipline with all of them came first.” - Harry S. Truman (1884 - 1972)

No comments: