Saturday 12 September 2020

Be Bold


COVID-19 has had the biggest impact on the status quo than any other event in my lifetime. The pandemic has changed the way we do everything. The challenge of the situation has brought some of us closer together while it has also deepened the divide for many. I think a catastrophic event of this magnitude will always bring out the best and the worst in each of us.

While COVID-19 has been a horrible plague, especially for our most vulnerable citizens, I actually think the pandemic has improved the level of service my students are receiving from me. My day today highlighted the impact the pandemic has had on my professional life.

Prior to eating my breakfast I met with a couple of students for private lessons. By noon I was able to remotely correct one of my black belt candidates on the form they were practicing during open training at the kwoon. Today was a very productive day both professionally and personally. I was very productive while spending the entire day at home with my family. My dog never left my side.

Being forced to operate outside old paradigms has created opportunities to improve the quality of my life. I am adapting and boldly proceeding.

“Proceed and be bold.” - Samuel Mockbee (1944 - 2001)

No comments: