Saturday 14 December 2019

Wuxin

Wuxin in kung fu basically translates as “no mind” and it is one of the more difficult aspects of the art to master. The wuxin state does not imply mindless but rather purity of response. I don’t impose my ego or paradigms upon the situation, my interpretation and subsequent response must be unbiased and completely without discrimination. The opposite of wuxin is evident in today’s polarized politics where people do not consider any facts except for those that support their already entrenched point of view.

As wuxin becomes more prevalent in one’s training and one’s life, the eye for detail improves. In training, my application becomes more realistic and pure. My control approaches absolute. Outside the kwoon, my empathy is heightened, improving my relationships and reducing my stress

The longer I study kung fu, the more I master. The more I master, the more I realize I do not know. Time is the only true commodity of value and I am aware that there is not enough.

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.” - Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745)

No comments: