Monday 20 May 2019

Deeper

I spent the weekend removing dead trees from my yard. As the years get hotter and dryer, more pests and disease are the norm. I can’t remember when I last had a tree die but I suspect it is going to be the norm from this point on. Last summer was spent in a constant smoke haze from all the forest fires and the wildfire running rampant west of me this weekend is a harbinger of what we should expect this year as well.

My generation has definitely failed as leaders and protectors of our children. We’re busy lining our pockets while staying hell-bent on maintaining an unsustainable orgy of consumption and waste. Someone is going to have accept less. Why or how a parent can ignore the price that is going to be paid by our children boggles my mind.

 “It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.” - Ansel Adams (1902 - 1984)

No comments: