Monday 9 July 2018

Pay Now or Pay Later

We’ve all heard the adage that practice makes perfect. Recognizing that there is a big difference between mastery and competence, a step further would be perfect practice makes mastery.

As a guy who dedicates a lot of my time to mastery, I am keenly aware that activity does not automatically guarantee progress. Practice is necessary for mastery but mindful practice is significantly more efficient at producing results.

If I am going to perform 1000 repetitions of a form, I might as well ensure that I get the most value out of those repetitions by ensuring I am mentally present and mindfully engaged. Practice makes perfect but perfect practice makes mastery.

“Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.” - Vince Lombardi (1913 - 1970)

No comments: