Sunday 12 June 2016

Trajectory

It is not always easy to stay on course. Working toward a goal can become all consuming so that when pushing oneself it is easy to lose your way in all that activity. Activity and effort do not always correlate to progression.

There have been moments in my journey when I have lost my way. Life and unforeseen obstacles create distractions that not only distract me from my path, but they can also undermine my motivation and commitment to my goals. It is at these times that I have to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other and remind myself that sometimes more important than where I am is where I am going. Constantly evaluating and adjusting my trajectory helps me make the small changes required to stay the course and feed my progression before I need a major intervention to get me back on track.

Mindfulness has become my mastery mantra. Knowing where I am and what I am doing serves me in all aspects of my life. The gratitude I feel for having the mentors and influences in my life that help me stay in the present moment cannot be understated.

“The trajectory of your life is directly proportional to the strength of your choices.” - Marc Chernoff

1 comment:

Tania Brinker said...

Mindfulness is still something I am trying to incorporate into every part of my day.