Sunday 10 April 2016

Structure

The past couple of weeks have presented a challenge to the structure that has been my life for the past few years. Dedicating a couple of hours a day to my training while taking care of my career, school, and family is only possible because I have found a rhythm and consistent structure that allows me to accomplish everything I want to accomplish without sacrifice. Crisis come and crisis go but with them comes a disruption that derails everything until a new rhythm can be established.

Structure - the arrangement of and relations between the parts or elements of something complex. While my life is quite simple, my ability to accomplish everything I want to accomplish requires significant effort, focus, and discipline. Consistent structure takes the complexity out of my day and gives me the time I need to nurture my relationships and achieve my goals.

“ The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” - Mike Murdock (b. 1946)

No comments: