Sunday 22 November 2015

Another Year

Another year is almost behind me. Taking stock of things, I haven’t had many years quite like this last one for significant life events. While change is never without stress, sometimes a person inflicts even more stress upon themselves by holding on to a familiar stressful situation out of fear of the unknown. The devil you know …

It is true that change is inevitable. There was no lack of change for me this year. I didn’t avoid it, in fact I embraced it. I’ve faced the unknown and I’m excited about the possibilities. I’ve experienced significant personal and professional growth because I have pushed myself beyond my comfort zone. My goal everyday is to recognize that at the end of every day, I am not the same person I was when I woke up that morning. Since change is inevitable, it is important that I am mindful of the person I am becoming.

“People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of her of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

No comments: