Monday 7 September 2015

Panda

Panda was not originally my dog, she moved in with me when she was four years old. Panda died yesterday around six months shy of her seventeenth year. There are so many emotions that come with losing a friend and family member. There was plenty of time to prepare but the reality of the loss is not something one is ever ready for. My daughter and I will miss Panda intensely.

It is times such as this that I reflect with gratitude for the life I have and for those I have been blessed to share it with. Panda did not start her life with me but she shared the majority of the time she had with me and for that I will always be grateful.

"How can I find the shining word, the glowing phrase that tells all that your love has meant to me, all that your friendship spells? There is no word, no phrase for you on whom I so depend. All I can say to you is this, God bless you precious friend." - Gerald Good

2 comments:

Khona said...

I'm so sorry about Panda. No matter how it happens it's not easy, but remember that you gave her a great life. Chloe sends her love too.

Vince Krebs said...

Pets mold our lives in the kindest of ways. Very sorry to hear this.