Sunday 14 December 2014

Things

There are things that become bigger things that eventually become insurmountable things. These things did not start as insurmountable, they became such over time. Each day procrastination and anxiety added a few more grains to our growing things and before we know it, our things have become what they are. Obviously it is easier to deal with big things before they become bigger or insurmountable. Consistently going beyond your arbitrary limits will take some mass out of big things.

My things are not your things so don't think you know my things. My things are my things and for those of you whose things are similar to my things - the intensity of your experience with your things cannot be compared to my things. My progress in tackling my things cannot be compared to you and your things. I can only measure my progress by comparing my things to what they were yesterday.

My things became my things over time. Therefore taming my things can, and will, happen over time.

“Obviously, because of my disability, I need assistance. But I have always tried to overcome the limitations of my condition and lead as full a life as possible. I have traveled the world, from the Antarctic to zero gravity.” - Stephen Hawking (b. 1942)

No comments: