Sunday 3 March 2013

Goodbye


This will be my last journal entry as part of the Ultimate Black Belt Test. My kung fu has been forever changed by my participation in the UBBT over the past few years and I feel immense gratitude for having the opportunity to be part of something this important.

I will continue on with my student team but the official UBBT is shutting down - for now. I’ve met many great people during my UBBT tenure and I am proud of the projects I have been involved in. I can’t think of a more significant or extraordinary initiative to influence the martial art industry in my lifetime than the Ultimate Black Belt Test. Tom Callos’ leadership and vision is helping us reclaim what it means to be a black belt.

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

No comments: