Sunday 13 January 2013

Where Am I?


This week I am reminded of the importance of periodically taking stock of exactly where I am. It is easy to become so immersed with my immediate goals that I sometimes allow mediocrity to slowly creep in on some of my core habits.

I’ve been noticing some extra aches and pains the past few months and I have been negligent in addressing them. That’s usually a warning sign that I am not balancing my training and by not addressing the aches, I have a strong indicator that I haven’t been pushing myself hard enough.

The new knee brace I’ve been fitted for may address some of the chronic issues that have been plaguing me for a while. In a few weeks after assessing its efficacy, I should be able to get a better idea of what adjustments I can make to get things returned to a solid balance.
"Right discipline consists, not in external compulsion, but in the habits of mind which lead spontaneously to desirable rather than undesirable activities." - Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

No comments: