Saturday 24 December 2011

My Christmas Wish

Christmas has a way of reminding you of what is important. My most vivid memories of Christmas past are about the people I shared the season with and those whose absence reminded me of how important these shared moments are. The holidays bring us together as families, reconnecting us with who we are and bring to mind that we are the sum of our own experiences as well as those of our parents, and their parents. Every moment we experience colours the next. 

My wish is for Christmas to always be about the moments we experience and how great a gift a shared moment can be when we recognize all that is contained in that moment. May all our shared moments be enriched by our presence and may the quality of our presence be defined by the void left in our absence.

“The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.” - Thich Nhat Hanh (b. 1926)

No comments: