Sunday 14 August 2011

Transformation

I practice an art where discipline reigns king. In anything worth achieving in life the difference between a person who succeeds and a person who fails comes down to discipline. If you discipline yourself to do what needs to be done to realize your goals, anything is possible.

The real value of the Ultimate Black Belt Test comes from the process one develops after a year long immersion in a self imposed life of discipline and yes, sacrifice. Nothing is ever for free so everything worth achieving will involve sacrifice. The ability to discipline myself to stay the course comes down to the value of the goal and its place in my priority queue. It is much easier to sacrifice when the successful outcome of the sacrifice is a high priority for me.

The value of the UBBT process is that it will stay with me for the rest of my life, if I so choose. I am not sure how much value there is in temporary acts of discipline and self sacrifice. As long as I continue to approach everything I do mindfully, the positive aspects of my lifestyle continue to be priorities for me and become permanent changes as I continue to evolve.

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” - Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

No comments: