Sunday 12 April 2009

I Am Project - Quiet

The past few months have been interesting, eventful, and never boring. The stresses of my personal, professional, and business lives have all converged to form the perfect storm. The racket of the franticness that has surrounded me has been building into a cacophonous symphony of agitation.

I recognize the need to quiet down this growing frenzy. If I can quiet the noise that is pulling me in every direction at once, I can focus on the tasks necessary to permanently reduce the commotion that is surrounding me. When I am quiet I can see things for what they are and recognize that there are some I cannot change. Rather than continuing to try and control these things, I must eliminate their influence.

“A quiet mind cureth all.” - Robert Burton (1577 - 1640)